This Chair, granted on the initiative of the Belgian Nuclear Research Centre, is awarded to an eminent researcher in the domaine of nuclear sciences and their application.
SCK CEN Chair "Roger Van Geen"
- This Chair, granted on the initiative of the Belgian Nuclear Research Centre, is awarded to an eminent researcher in the domaine of nuclear sciences and their applications
- The research career to be awarded should include substantial and original contribution to the field of nuclear energy and/or nuclear radiation. Both technically oriented research and socio-economic research can be considered
- The selection criteria are:
- Scientific quality of the research during the candidate's career in fundamental or applied aspects of nuclear sciences;
- A proven track record of education in this field;
- Potential for setting up scientific collaboration with SCK CEN.
- Amount: 12.500 € (for personnal use)
- Innovative nuclear systems
Sustainable nuclear waste management and decommissioning
Safety of nuclear installations and nuclear material sciences
- Any other area in nuclear sciences and applications
- Candidates must be of postdoctoral level at least
- Candidates must be affiliated to a recognized research institute or university (worldwide)
- Previous laureates of the SCK CEN Chair are not eligible
- Laureates of the previous SCK CEN Award, organised until 2015, are eligible
The recipient of the SCK CEN Chair "Roger Van Geen" is expected to give an inauguration lecture and a series of lectures during a scientific stay at the Research Centre in Belgium
The series of lectures will be organised in interaction with the SCK CEN Academy
All related costs will be reimbursed
Opening of the call: February 7th, 2023
Deadline of the call: April 17th, 2023
Jury meeting: June 2023
How to apply ?
- The application form
- A scientific curriculum vitae of the candidate
- A list of publications of the candidate
- A letter of recommendation by the senior scientist who nominates the candidate